Helping You Move Beyond Medical And Credit Card Debt
People generally do not file bankruptcy because they are irresponsible spenders. Usually, a significant event occurs that overwhelms people with debt. These incidents are often serious medical scares that can quickly lead to incurring large amounts of credit card and medical debt that can feel insurmountable.
At Janvier Law Firm, PLLC, we have helped individuals in Raleigh navigate the bankruptcy process and get back their financial lives. Our established law firm brings more than 30 years of experience to your situation, providing you with the focused advice you need to help you move forward toward a debt-free life.
Discharging Medical And Credit Card Debt In Bankruptcy
Whether you file Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can discharge both credit card debt and medical debt during bankruptcy. This is also true for any medical debt that you may have paid for by a credit card.
Our legal team will work closely with you to analyze your entire situation to help you determine which debts you may be able to discharge. We are dedicated to finding an outcome that reflects your best interests and places you in a stronger financial position.
Understanding Your Rights Outside Bankruptcy
Prior to consulting with us, you will have experienced attempts by your creditors to collect the debts you owe. We are knowledgeable on all aspects of the collection process and can assist you in protecting your rights. For example, we can assist you with the following:
- Advising you on whether creditors have violated the federal or North Carolina debt collection laws
- How long you have to respond to a civil summons to avoid the entry of a default judgment against you, and getting the time to do so extended
- Advising you on whether a civil action to collect a debt is invalid because it violates North Carolina’s statute of limitations
- Assisting you in timely designating of your exempt property to prevent the sheriff from executing on your property to collect a judgment
- Assisting you in continuing a foreclosure hearing and/or assisting you in developing a strategy in keeping your home
- Advising you on whether a debt settlement company you have employed is in violation of North Carolina’s criminal debt adjustment law
- Advising you on the procedure a lender must follow in repossessing a motor vehicle, mobile home, or other personal property
Speak With Our Skilled Attorneys
Working with a trusted lawyer can make navigating the road to a more secure financial future easier for you and your family. Schedule a consultation with the experienced and skilled attorneys at Janvier Law Firm, PLLC, by contacting our Raleigh office to schedule a consultation. Call 919-301-0628 or contact us online to get started.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.