Experienced North Carolina Bankruptcy Lawyer Helps You Overcome Debt
Dedicated financial support from an attorney with 40 years of legal experience
Since 1993, The Brewer Law Firm has provided clients throughout the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina with unparalleled legal counsel. As an experienced bankruptcy attorney, I understand the stress, anxiety and financial burden that debt causes entire families. Whether you are seeking to eliminate personal or business debt, I can guide you through the process of filing for bankruptcy, help you end creditor harassment, and emerge on a solid financial footing.
Highly skilled bankruptcy attorney provides you with dedicated counsel
When it comes to bankruptcy, you deserve someone who has a deep understanding of the entire process from start to finish. As a Board Certified Specialist in Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization, I offer the experience and background to help you resolve your debt effectively and efficiently. Clients and peers alike recommend me to their family and friends because they have found me to be:
- Established — I was admitted to practice law in North Carolina in 1976. Since then, it has been my honor to serve the community with my skill and dedication. In 1993,The Brewer Law Firm was founded to provide high-quality legal counsel to individuals and businesses overwhelmed by debt.
- Highly rated — I am proud to have earned the coveted AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® — a testament to my extensive legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards as judged by my peers. I have also been listed in Super Lawyers since 2008 as a top rated bankruptcy attorney in Raleigh.
- Easy to work with — I recognize that you may be concerned or even nervous about the legal process involved in filing for bankruptcy. When you seek my counsel, I provide you with personalized attention at every turn, answering your questions and offering you sound advice until your debt is resolved.
Whether you are a small-business owner or individual, my mission is to help you live a debt-free life. After assessing your case, I determine the best course of action for you to take so you can eliminate debt and start fresh.
Skilled bankruptcy law guidance for individuals and businesses
My goal in assisting you with your bankruptcy case is to ease the financial burden you are facing in the most efficient possible manner. Drawing on four decades of experience, I am able to help you resolve debt problems through these bankruptcy chapters:
- Chapter 7 — When debt backs you into a corner, I can help you find relief through a Chapter 7 discharge. In Chapter 7 bankruptcy, your nonexempt property is sold and the proceeds paid to creditors. Rest assured that I will personally guide you through the process, which generally takes around three to six months.
- Chapter 13 — If you have a consistent monthly income, I can assist you in filing for Chapter 13. Sometimes called reorganization bankruptcy, Chapter 13 allows you to pay back the debt you owe over the course of three to five years and may help you to avoid foreclosure.
- Chapter 11 — Part of my practice involves providing financial support to businesses. If your company debt is affecting your ability to conduct business, I can help you file for Chapter 11 reorganization so your business can continue to operate while paying creditors back.
Throughout my extensive law career, I have helped many individuals and businesses conquer debt. I pride myself on being able to quickly discern which chapter is best suited for your unique situation and look forward to discussing how I can be of help.
Schedule a free consultation with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer today
If you are facing overwhelming debt, declaring bankruptcy may be the right move for you or your business. At The Brewer Law Firm, I draw upon extensive experience in providing comprehensive bankruptcy counsel for individuals and businesses in North Carolina. To schedule a free consultation at my Raleigh office to learn how I can help, call William E. Brewer, Jr. at 919-832-2288 or contact me online.